summer camp 2023
Kids Tech Academy exists to prepare children to confidently embrace their bright futures. We use innovative technology and teaching methods to promote the optimal development of the whole child (heart, mind, and body). Science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics concepts are integrated throughout our stimulating curriculum.
Our goal is to provide accessible, affordable, high-quality early education that encourages discovery learning and nurtures the child's sense of wonder. We will:
· Stimulate child development and student achievement in real-world learning through exploration and introduction to foundational science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics (STEAM) experiences
· Provide a teaching and learning environment in which content and skills of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics (STEAM) are integrated using the Georgia Early Learning and Development Standards and Georgia Performance Standards
· Incorporate the design thinking process, a strategy for integrating problem solving into classrooms, schools, and the workplace
· Provide STEAM programming in a variety of settings, along with extended learning opportunities for optimal development of the whole child in every domain (social, emotional, cognitive, language, physical, and creative) and
· Begin introduction to role-models in STEAM careers and fields
Kids Tech Academy students experience a stimulating learning environment created by passionate and knowledgeable early educators and administrators. Our multi-sensory curriculum is practical, enjoyable, and promotes effortless learning. We combine technology with learning activities in math, science, language, music, and art thereby enhancing student learning capacity and capabilities. Our program maximizes development of 21st century skills (critical thinking, collaboration, communication, and creativity) in lifelong learners.
Kids Tech Academy’s core curriculum integrates early literacy skill development and mastery in the areas of science, technology, engineering, art, and mathematics for early learners. We incorporate an enrichment program, which includes foreign language, fine arts, music, Let's Move! health and physical education, and hands-on science and technology education. We use research proven curriculum products (e.g. High Scope) and supplement with ABeka Reading, Accelerated Reader, and Leap Frog. Students engage in enrichment learning experiences while exploring many other digital tools (e.g. SMART™Technology, Hatch Early Learning© , LEGO® Mindstorms®, and Discovery™ Education Young Scientist).
A primary advantage we have over our competitors is our highly qualified, caring staff and our science, technology, engineering, arts, and mathematics curriculum. Young children need multiple and varied opportunities to engage in exploration and discovery (NAEYC 2013). At an early age, all children have the capacity and propensity to observe, explore, and discover the world around them (NRC 2012). These are basic abilities for science and technology learning that can and should be encouraged and supported among children in the earliest years of their lives. The National Science Teachers Association (NSTA) affirms that learning science, technology, engineering, and mathematics practices in the early years can foster children’s curiosity and enjoyment in exploring the world around them and lay the foundation for a progression of learning in K–12 settings and throughout their entire lives. We are developing lifelong learners.